Site Title and Logo

College of Social Work & Community Development
University of the Philippines

Working with individuals, groups, and communities.


Initiated as a Social Welfare Section within the Department of Sociology and Social Welfare in 1950 in the then College of Liberal Arts, the present College of Social Work and Community Development (CSWCD) became a separate Department of Social Work by 1961 and evolved into the Institute of Social Work and Community Development in 1969 through R.A. 5174 which was passed in 1967. Read more

Photos by: Matt Wamil, Kyung-Ho Kim and REDO

College of Social Work and Community Development