Assoc. Prof. Yolanda G. Ealdama receives the University Loyalty Service pin in recognition of her 15 years of service to the University as of December 2018. Dean Sylvia E. Claudio led the awarding ceremony last April 22, 2019 during the meeting of the College Executive Board (CEB) at the UP CSWCD Conference Room.
The University of the Philippines awards Loyalty Service pins to those who have rendered 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 years of continuous service to the University. This is in line with the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 1 Series of 2001 under the Program on Awards and Incentive for Service Excellence (PRAISE).
University Loyalty Service Awardee, Assoc. Prof. Ealdama has a Bachelor of Science in Social Work and a Diploma in Women and Development Studies from the University of the Philippines. She obtained her Master of Arts in Social Development with specialization in women, gender and development from the Institute of Social Studies (ISS) at the Hague, The Netherlands, now a component of the Erasmus University. She has been involved in participatory action research with peasants, fisherfolks, and urban poor groups. She has been involved in program and project development, evaluative research, policy advocacy and social administration. Her interests include gender responsive governance, human rights education, and social equity. She is now pursuing a doctoral degree in public administration.
Here is an overview of Assoc. Prof. Ealdama’s professional background and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE UNIVERSITY
- Deputy Director, University Center for Women Studies, October 1,2014 to July 31, 2015
- Program Development Associate for Gender Matters, UP Diliman
May 1, 2011 to May 31, 2013
- Building Administrator, UP CSWCD, 2008 to 2010
- Field Instruction Coordinator, Departmentof Social Work, UP CSWCD, June 2004 to May 2007
Membership in Committees
- CSWCD Disaster Risk & Management Committee, 2018 to present
- CSWCD Library Committee, 2018-2019
- Gawad Tandang Sora Committee, 2015-2016
- Department of Social Work Academic Personnel Committee, 2013
- Member, Anti- Sexual Harassment Committee, U.P. Diliman, 2011-2013.
- Chairperson, Hearing Committee on Anti Sexual Harassment (2 cases), UP Diliman, 2006 and 2008
- Member, University Student Electoral Board, 2007
- Member, UP CSWCD College Student Electoral Board, 2011
- Member, UP CSWCD College Student Electoral Board, 2013
- Member , UP CSWCD Gender and Development Committee, 2014-2015
- Member, UP CSWCD Library Committee, 2012-2015
- Pool of gender trainers UP Diliman Gender Office
Other contributions to the University
- UPCAT Examiner, 2005, 2006, 2007
- UPCAT Hall Supervising Examiner – 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- Affiliate Faculty, UP Open University, SY 2010-2011; SY 2012-2013
PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE FIELD OF SOCIAL WELFARE & DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE and GOVERNANCE:
Contribution to Governance
- Member: Evaluation Committee (Judge) : Evaluation of GAD Mainstreaming Plan and Accomplishment of the Offices under the Quezon City Government Office, February – March 2015
- Associate Faculty: Master in Public Management – Major in Rural Development, Consortium: Ateneo de Manila University, Development Academy of the Philippines, University f the Philippines- Diliman, Xavier University-CDO; 2012-2013; Capacity Building for the National Convergence Initiative partner agencies: DAR, DA, DENR.
Membership in International Organizations
- International Consortium on Social Development – Asia Pacific – Board Member at Large 2010 -2015
- Asia Pacific Association of Social Work Educators (APASWE) – Individual Member
- Member Board of Trustees: Association for the Rights of Children in South East Asia (2009- 2016)
- Association of Women in Development, 2006 to present
Membership in National Professional/Academic Organization
- Individual Member, National Association for Social Work Education, Inc.
- Registered Social Worker
- Lifetime Member, Philippine Association of Social Workers, Inc.
- Lifetime Member, University of the Philippines Alumni Association
- Lifetime Member, UP CSWCD Alumni Association
Membership in Local Civic Organization
- Member Board of Trustees: Unlad Kabayan Migrant Services, Inc. ( 2008- 2013, May)
Other Professional Activities
Contribution to Education
- Peer Reviewer – Asian Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences , 2016 to preent
- Peer Reviewer – Papers for the International Conference on Community Empowerment, Coping, Resilience, and Hope, India organized by Brisbane Institute of Strengths Based Practice Australia and Center for Action Research and People’s Development, India, 2014
- Peer Reviewer , Philippine Journal of Social Development, UPCSWCD : 2010 to present
- Guest Editor, Social Development Issues: Alternative Approaches to Global Human Needs, Volume 35 (2), 2013.
- Member Editorial Board: International Journal for Social Work and Human Services Practice 2014- to present
- Peer Reviewer: Asian Journal of Education and E-Learning, 2013 to present
- Member: Technical Working Group for Education re: Women Empowerment for Development and Gender Equality Plan, 2012- 2016, Convener: Philippine Commission on Women and University Center for Women’s Studies
- Teaching Fellow, Nihon Fukushi Social Development Distance Education Program, 2008-2011 ( MOA: UP -Nihon Fukushi)