- Students who are currently enrolled, regular Faculty, Research, Extension and Professional Staff (REPS) and Administrative Staff of UP may use the library upon presentation of a valid ID issued by the University.
- UP Alumni and former Faculty and Staff may use the library upon presentation of a valid ID and proof of former UP status.
- Government researchers must present a letter from the head of their agency requesting privilege to use the library, and their office ID. They may be allowed to use the library free of charge up to five (5) days per semester. Beyond five days they will be assessed library fees. Government researchers are assessed as follows: ₱20.00 per day; ₱00 per semester; ₱300.00 per midyear.
- Private researchers, graduate and undergraduate students from other schools may use the library upon presentation of a valid office or school ID and referral letter from the office’s or school’s Head Librarian. Graduate students and private researchers are assessed as follows: ₱00 per day; ₱450.00 per semester; ₱350.00 per midyear.
- The CSWCD Library collection consists mainly of books, pamphlets, periodicals on social work, community development, women and development studies, social development and other related fields. Other collections such as the vertical file materials, theses and dissertations, and newspapers are maintained to supplement the book and periodical collections. The library also holds copies of the college publications, annual reports, Open University materials related to the field and student papers.
- Regular circulation books are placed on open shelves. These are freely accessible to library users and may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Reserve books are textbooks and collateral materials recommended by faculty members as required reading for courses and for the shared use of all students enrolled in these courses. These materials are also placed on open shelves and are strictly for ROOM USE ONLY.
- Reference books are general materials such as encyclopedia, handbooks, dictionaries, bibliographies, indexes and others which fall under the same category. These materials are strictly for ROOM USE ONLY.
- Both reference and circulation books are placed on open shelves arranged according to the Library of Congress Classification Scheme. Reserve books are also placed on open shelves arranged alphabetically according to the author or title of an edited book.
Registration for Library Privileges
Bona fide members of the University who register for library privileges shall be required to obtain the following:
- Student identification card valid for the current semester; or,
- Faculty/Staff identification card or appointment papers;
- Active UP WebMail account; and,
- Library clearance
- Undergraduate students may borrow five (5) circulation books.
- Graduate students may borrow ten (10) circulation books.
- Circulation books may be borrowed for two (2) weeks during the semester and one (1) week during midyear. These can be renewed only once on the due date.
- Faculty members may borrow ten (10) circulation books for one (1) month. They may also borrow serials (except current issue) for one (1) week. Said materials can be renewed only once on the due date.
- REPS may borrow ten (10) circulation books for two (2) weeks. Administrative staff may borrow five (5) circulation books for two (2) weeks. These are renewable only once on the due date.
- Alumni, former faculty and staff of UP, government researchers, private researchers and students from other schools have Library Room-Use privileges.
- UP students – use Internet and Computer Usage Card (Pink Card)
- UP students without Pink Card – ₱20/hour*
- Non-UP/Alumni – ₱20/hour*
Use of Personal Equipment (Energy Fee)
- UP students – ₱20.00/hour*
- Non-UP/Alumni – ₱20.00/hour*
*a fraction is considered an hour
UP students – ₱5.00/page
Non-UP/Alumni – ₱5.00/page
UP students – ₱20.00/page
Non-UP/Alumni – ₱30.00/page
- Any person who fails to return borrowed library materials on its due date or after recall shall pay a fine of ₱2.00 a day per book, exclusive of Sundays and holidays.
Loss of Library Resources
- Loss of Reserve / Circulation Book. Any person who loses or fails to return a book within seven (7) days after due date or recall shall either replace it with the same title, or pay its current replacement value, or replace it within thirty (30) days with another title to be selected by the librarian. In all cases, the borrower shall pay a fine equivalent to 50% of the cost of the book.
- Loss of Periodical. Any person who loses or fails to return a periodical after recall shall either replace it with the same title and issue number within thirty (30) days or pay its current replacement value, and pay a fine equivalent to 50% of the cost of the periodical.
- In case the lost library material is found, a fine of ₱2.00 per day is computed from the date due until date of return. However, it must not exceed the current value of the material. If the current value cannot be assessed, the acquisition cost is determined plus 50%.
- Any person who falsifies the ID card will be suspended from the University for not more than one semester after due process.
- Any person who uses an ID card or borrower’s card not his own shall have his library privileges be suspended for not more than one semester.