The training on Community Organizing amidst Evolving Concerns in Social Development is scheduled on June 26-29, 2012 at the Seminar Room, CSWCD. It is intended primarily for experienced community organizers. The training aims to provide the participants with an overview of the concepts, processes, and approaches in organizing work in the context of current day realities. In-depth analysis of case studies on the emerging trends in social development such as involvement of people’s organizations’ leaders in local and national governance, gender mainstreaming and the integration of disaster risk reduction and management in organizing will be presented. The course will enhance the organizing skills of the participants in preparing a re-entry plan that they will use in their respective organizations. Registration Fee is Php 10,000.00.
Objectives of the Training
The activity hopes to enhance the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of the participants in community organizing amidst evolving concerns in Social Development. Specifically, the training aims to enable the participants to:
- describe the situation of the communities and groups they work with in the context of the development perspectives that will be discussed;
- explain the concepts, approaches and processes in organizing work
- analyze the emerging concerns in community organizing and relate this to their work situation;
- enhance their skills in working with communities, groups, networks and partners; and
- prepare a re-entry plan for their respective organizations.
For more information, please contact us at (02)9818500 loc. 4107, or at (02)9242143.