Who are allowed to use the library?
The following patrons may use the library resources subject to existing Library rules and regulations:
- Students who are currently enrolled, Faculty members, Research, Extension and Professional Staff (REPS) and Administrative Staff of the university may use the library upon presentation of a valid ID issued by the University.
- Members of the Board of Regents and Officials of the University;
- Visiting scholars with university appointments;
- Cross-registrants from other colleges and universities and special students;
- Members of the Order of Oblation; and
- Non-members of the university such as the following: UP alumni, former faculty and students honorably discharged from the university, students from other colleges and universities and researchers from government/private institutions.
How many books can I borrow?
- Undergraduate students may borrow five (5) circulation books.
- Graduate students may borrow ten (10) circulation books.
- Circulation books may be borrowed for two (2) weeks during the semester and one (1) week during midyear. These can be renewed only once on the due date.
- Faculty members may borrow ten (10) circulation books for one (1) month. They may also borrow serials (except current issue) for one (1) week. Said materials can be renewed only once on the due date.
- REPS may borrow ten (10) circulation books for two (2) weeks. Administrative staff may borrow five (5) circulation books for two (2) weeks. These are renewable only once on the due date.
- Alumni, former faculty and staff of UP, government researchers, private researchers and students from other schools have Library Room-Use privileges.
What happens if I fail to return the book on the due date?
Any person who fails to return a borrowed library material on its due date or after recall shall pay a fine of ₱2.00 a day per book, exclusive of Sundays and holidays.
What do I need to do when I lose a library material?
In case a library material is lost, the borrower is given the following options:
- replacement by a good photocopy of the same title,
- replacement by another title to be approved by the faculty/librarian,
- payment of the material’s current value plus 50% of the cost of the material.
In case the lost library material is found, a fine of ₱2.00 per day is computed from the date due until date of return. However, it must not exceed the current value of the material. If the current value cannot be assessed, the acquisition cost is determined plus 50%.